Wednesday, February 11, 2009

TicketMaster, Live Nation to merge

TicketMaster and Live Nation will merge unless the White House decides the merger would violate anti-trust legislation. I'm not familiar with Live Nation since I rarely attend concerts. But I have much experience with TicketShafter, as I call it, and I don't care for it at all. The fees are outrageous. There's a surcharge added to each ticket, plus a surcharge per order. The merged company will wisely drop the TicketMaster name. It will also hide the fees under a single price. This is what concerns me--I have long gone to box offices to save the ridiculous fees, and now it sounds like that won't be an option. I would still be able to purchase tickets at the box offices, but it may not save me any money.

Not a good situation for concert and sports fans.

No comments: