Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Leave Lindsay alone!

I've been meaning to write this for weeks. And now it's quite overdue.

Leave Lindsay Lohan alone.

Lindsay's girlfriend, Samantha Ronson, broke up with her. Lindsay may have found out through the media rather than directly from Samantha. Samantha and her mom went so far as to inquire from the Beverly Hills Police Department about acquiring an order of protection. (So much for discretion from BHPD, which released this tidbit of gossip to the press.)

Women have broken up with me. I've broken up with them. Sometimes it's embarrassing, and that's without the breakup being the lead story on Entertainment Tonight and on the cover of Us Weekly. Unfortunately, Lindsay's recent behavior has often been immature, and it's fun to laugh about a 21-year-old party girl. But Lindsay's love life should be her own business. I can't imagine what it would be like to have a situation in which there is a fleet of SUV's with paparazzi inside following me 24/7. That is what Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt put up with. Britney Spears, too. Lindsay? I don't know. But I suspect if she wants a quiet evening out with her friends or family, she must escape the Thirty-Mile Zone of Los Angeles and the surrounding communities. That is just not fair.

No comments: