Tuesday, January 27, 2009

After Carter passes, we won't be able to criticize

Another phone call about President Jimmy Carter on the Michael Medved show:

Ron in Brooklyn, New York, you’re on the Medved Show.

Thank you for taking my call. I’m disagreeing with you on what you said back on the 9th of January. The Useless One…

No, no no, I said worthless. The Worthless One. Worse than useless.

I’m sorry, I’m sorry.

Let’s get the full scope of the insult. There are people who are useless who are not necessarily worthless. But worthless means totally with no redeeming characteristics. That’s Jimmy Carter.

Could you elaborate?

Yeah, I think he’s one of the worst presidents we’ve ever had—certainly one of the worst three. He destroyed the United States, he created two new federal departments we’re still paying the price for, he created the Islamic radical movement as we know it by pulling the rug out from under the Shah of Iran and installing the mullahs in Iran, he decimated the military, he gave all kinds of advantages to the Soviets, and he wrecked the U.S. economy, and he was a sanctimonious, officious, know-it-all, miserable prig. And that’s p-r-i-g; I’m using approved language. So what was good about Jimmy Carter?

Well, I was going to just say one thing.

Yes?

And that is he stood for Christ.

What?

He stood for Christ. After the secular ’60’s.

He stood for Christ? As a supporter of abortion? I think he gave Christians a bad name! Jimmy Carter’s a huge supporter of abortion. Are you?

No!

So how does he stand for Christ? He stands for his own messianic pretensions. He’s a miserable, miserable human being. And a disgusting excuse and a blight on humanity. And I’m saying all this now while he’s alive because if something, G-d forbid, happens to ex-President Carter, I know I’m going to have to watch my mouth. Okay? Ron, part of what I’m doing is pre-emptive. Okay? I’m trying to allow the full scope of this man’s wretchedness to become clearly known because when he is remembered, after he is gone, I will not be allowed to do so. You can’t do it. We’ll take that day off. I’m not suggesting it should be a national holiday, but I am suggesting I’m going to have to be very, very careful. This is going to be very hard. How am I going to be able to keep quiet on Carter? It’s Disagreement Day. If you have a thought on that, you can give me a call.

No comments: